Run the Lights 2021 presented by Ohio ENT & Allergy Physicians
at Butch Bando's Fantasy of Lights!
Hurry to sign up for this super fun race. We are limited to 700 registrations. Special time to experience the entire Butch Bando's Fantasy of Lights
show by running the 3 or 6 mile option of non-stop lights! The only
time to experience outside of a car! Please note the following:
** Race 90% sold out**
- When: Saturday, December 18th, 2021
- Race Details: Run the 3 or 6 mile option. Huge light show of Butch Bando's Fantasy of Lights! It's
simply a magical run of not stop lights. Normally only accessible via
vehicle - your chance to run it! Have fun and treat yourself. 3 or 6
mile option (6 mile is 2 loops).
- Race Limit: This year we can only accept 700 runners (11 waves of 60 runners)! Don't delay to sign up!
- Wave Starts:
Racers/walkers will be placed into groups of 70 and staged at 10 minute
wave start times (see below if you want your own private wave start).
- Wave Start times
(needs to be dark): 4:40AM or 5:40 (6 Mile), then 5AM and every 10
minutes afterwards (all 3 miles). Special family wave at 6:15AM. Wave
start time will be assigned after registration - except 6 mile only
happens at 4:40AM or 5:40AM. Guarantee your wave time range by
purchasing a parking pass. Wave times preference will be assigned based
on order date/time - register to get your preferred time!
- Location: Butch Bando's Fantasy of Lights (Alum Creek State Park 3305 South Old State Rd, 43015, Delaware, OH, 43015)
- Race Distance: 3 Mile (or 6 mile - 2 laps for 4:40AM or 5:40 time slot - limited space!)
- Family Wave: Special Family Wave 6:15AM. Families and kids only in this wave. Special prize at finish line for the kids!
- Awards: Each Wave Start we'll award medals for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place - yes, each wave! Race your friends, or others.
- Interested in being a vendor: CLICK HERE
- Note: No spectators or pets allowed. Strollers are fine.
Late Entry Deadline Ends 12/16
- Ends: Thursday 12/16
- Race Fee: $40 for 3 mile or $45 for the 6 mile!
- Sellout Alert: Race 90 % sold out . Don't delay!
- Limited # of shirts still available
All Runners Receive:
- Pint Glass or Mug at the finish line
- Hot Chocolate (at packet pickup party)
- $5 off Butch Bando's Fantasy of Lights drive-thru show (come back and drive thru with your car!)
- BOGO to Lazer Kraze!
- Race T-shirt (must register by (Wednesday, 12/1/21) After date, limited # of shirts available
- Special item from Ohio ENT & Allergy Physicians
- Ticket to Packet Pickup Party! See details below
Wave Starts & Awards:
- Wave Frequency: Starts every 10 minutes
- Wave Size: Will consist of 60 runners or walkers
- Race Awards by Wave: Top 3 runners in each age group will receive a medal
- Race Wave times:
4:40AM & 5:40 (6 mile) - all others 3 mile - 4:50, 5, 5:10, 5:20,
5:30, 5:40, 5:50, 6:00, 6:10. Family Wave only 6:15 (purchase a
parking pass to guarantee the range for your race wave)
- Want your own wave start?
Contact Greg Yoakam at firstname.lastname@example.org. Must have 50 runners and
up to 60 max. You will have your own race wave and we'll still give
awards to the top 3 + all the finish line items!
- How to get grouped together:
There is a field called "Team Name". Have everyone in your group use
the same Team Name and we will group you together. Maximum grouping is
- Staging Area: 10 minutes prior to your
race, your wave start will be announced. At that time you will be
requested to report to the staging area.
Race Fees (+ $5 for 6 mile):
- Standard Entry: 10/14 - 11/12: $35
- T-shirt Deadline Entry: 11/13 - 12/1: $38 (t-shirt deadline)
- Late Entry: 12/1 - 12/12: $40 (t-shirt availability limited)
- Parking (Optional #1 - Onsite): $10 - Park at race start. See below for details
- Parking (Optional #2 - Firehouse): $4 - Park at firehouse across the street from the race. So close you can almost walk to race. See below for details
- Parking (Option #3 - Olentangy Berlin High School): FREE - We will have a shuttle to get you back and forth from the race
Prices above effective till race sells out
IMPORTANT PARKING INSTRUCTIONS: 3 Options for Parking:
- Option #1 - Parking Pass $10 - at race site (guarantee race wave range by purchasing a parking pass): 50
Parking spaces at the Alum Creek Park per race range (race start times
of Section 1 - 4:50-5:30, Section 2 - 5:40-6:20) You need to purchase a
parking pass in order to get one of these very limited spaces. $10 per
car. Your name will be on a list, no need to print out a ticket. We
will admit your car being on our registration list. Parking Pass is
required to park at the Alum Creek Park. $10 per parking pass. Your
race wave will happen within whatever parking pass range you select.
#2 - Parking Pass $4 - Berlin Township Fire Department - so close you
can almost walk to event! (2708 Lackey Old State Rd, Delaware, OH
43015): 100 Parking spaces at the fired department. Take a
quick shuttle to the start of the race! $4 per parking pass. Your name
on will be on a list, no need to bring ticket.
- Option #3 - Race Shuttle - FREE:
Everyone else will need to park at the Olentangy Berlin High School
(3140 Berlin Station Rd, Delaware, OH 43015). It's a short 5-7 minute
shuttle ride over. Parking at the high school is free!
Packet Pickup Party
We have an exciting Packet Pickup Party planned! Super fun way for your to get your race packet. Below are the details:
- What: Packet Pickup Party!
- When: Sunday, December 12th from Noon - 3PM
- Where: Otterbein University - Clements Recreation Center (180 Center St, Westerville, OH 43081)
- Details: This will be a fun packet pickup party! Stop in to get your race bib / t-shirt / and other goodies.
- Fun Items:
Includes Free hot chocolate, candy canes, and lots of other goodies!
Also, live entertainment on a stage, shopping for the holidays, find
neat things for your home, and lot of other great things! For the kids
we have a huge bounce park ($5) and tons of activities.
- Santa Visit Option:
90 of the race registrants will receive a special Santa Visit
(optional for those races with younger children), plus a visit from one
of Santa's elves. Children can drop off their wish list to Santa &
receive a fun candy cane! Free, but requires a ticket you request
during the registration process. You will be assigned a Santa Visit
time between noon -3PM).
- Hot Chocolate at the event: 1 free hot chocolate for all registered runners/walkers.
Friends / fellow runners can also pickup the packet for you.
Note: No Race Day packet pickup.
Butch Bando's Fantasy of Lights Details:
Find out more details about the amazing Butch Bando's fantasy of Lights evening drive-thru light show CLICK HERE. Season starts November 19th!
Please note: KidsLinked has a NO REFUND policy for all events. Course closes at 7:15AM, must be completed with your run by 7:15AM.
will not be chip timing on either race. Final times will not be
posted, but finish line awards and holiday pint mug or Santa Mug (all)
will be presented in order of finish!
Health and Safety Plan
can not leave the road during the course to go to the bathroom (there
will be one at each of the shuttle pick up areas, but no bathroom at the
Delaware State Park where the race happens). There are wires and other
items that you can easily trip over that will take down the entire
light display, so please do not leave the course during the run/walk.
Thank you :)!
Would you like to be a sponsor of this fun event? Great way to be seen by a lot of runners. Sponsorship Opportunities: CLICK HERE
Race Day Updates
Day Updates on the Run the Lights will be either posted on the
KidsLinked Facebook page or via email. Final runner instructions will
be sent the week of the race.
No spectators are allowed. Only runners with an official race bib for Run the Lights will be allowed on the race course.
Inclement Weather Policy
Run the Lights will start as scheduled at 4:40AM/5:40AM for the 6 mile
or 4:50AM - 6:15AM for various 3 mile wave starts. on December 18,
2021 regardless of rain, snow or cold temperatures.
If there is
visible lightning in the area, the race will be delayed for a minimum of
15 minutes. The race would only be further delayed, postponed or
cancelled if extreme conditions jeopardize the safety of participants.
follow KidsLinked for constant updates and listen closely to all public
address announcements on Race Day for information and instruction.